February 12, 2018 (THE FERO REPORT). Happy Monday!
- “Seeking to shield Afrin, the Kurds asked Damascus to send forces into action to defend the border.”
- “The government shows no sign of doing so, but it is providing indirect help by allowing Kurdish fighters, civilians and politicians to reach Afrin through territory it holds, representatives of both sides told Reuters.”
- “For the United States, it is yet another complication in Syria’s seven-year-old war, and a reminder of how its Syrian Kurdish ally must at times make deals with Assad even as it builds military ties with the United States.”
- “In fact, equity market P/E [price-to-earnings ratios] actually peaked back on December 18th, the day before Trump Tax Bill passed the Senate,” ZH noted.
- “We find it instructive and rational that the market multiple did in fact peak that day,” Morgan Stanley’s Equity Strategy Group wrote in a note to investors Monday.
- “Furthermore, we find it instructive that Bitcoin also peaked on December 18th.”
- “Is the worst of the sell off over? Next up we’ll ask one money manager that never saw it coming in the first place” – @StockCats
- Tax Cuts and Job Act: + $1.5 trillion cost (CBO: With GOP tax cuts, federal debt will nearly equal size of the US economy, The Washington Examiner, Joseph Lawler)
- Defense build up in 20018 and 2019: + $300 billion expenditures (Senate reaches budget deal with huge defense boost, Defense News, Joe Gould)
- Infrastructure rebuild: +$200 billion spending from the federal government + $1.3 trillion from cities, states, investors = $1.5 trillion. (Trump launches $1.5 trillion sales pitch, Politico, Brianna Gurciullo)
Perspective: “Trump would be no better than Clinton on Fed reform. He loves debt as much as anyone. Fed inequality-machine will keep going on no matter what” – @RudyHavenstein, September 12, 2016
What’s the final tab, sir? US debt to hit $30 trillion in 2028 under Trump budget, ZeroHedge. Thanks, Obama!
- We don’t know, either: “Our $16T national debt is now bigger than our $15T GDP. If Obama is re-elected watch for an economic meltdown in 2013,” – @realDonaldTrump, September/2012
- YouTube link.
- “Big takeaways from the newest episode of
@CryptoStreetPod: @13Prince31’s pronunciation of @binance_2017 as Bin-ahnce kills me. @notsofast knows his shit re: mining. @CryptoDale really likes $lux which I’m sure shocks us all. Looking forward to episode 30!” – @CWmameron
- “In five years, any postsecondary education or training program that’s two years of length or less and that’s attempting to charge tuition will be seen as an anachronism,” says Ryan Craig, co-founder of University Ventures.
- “It will be a negative market signal to prospective students, who will wonder why they’re demanding tuition upfront rather than taking an income share (i.e., is this a scam?).”